Keep calm and follow the rules:
- Up to 15 teams can participate in the event. Maximum of 4 members per team are allowed and they should register together – you can combine Software Engineers, Product Designers or Product Managers – it’s up to you.
- We'll additionally get in touch with you to confirm whether you and your team will be able to participate in the Mobile Hackathon 2020.
- Each team should present their own unique idea that falls within the challenge requirements.
- Ideas are subject to review.
- The Paysafe Mobile Hackathon will go live on Github.
- Hopin will be the main communication platform for everyone.
- Please, prepare yourself, e.g. install everything you will need or prepare code scaffolding for your project.
- Every registered participant from Sofia and Plovdiv will receive a code worth BGN 30 per day for ordering food and drinks from skapto.bg
- The participants from other cities will receive a box with 6 beers worth BGN 30.
- Although we know many Paysafe colleagues would like to take part, this time the hackathon is for external audience only.
Each team should present their own work and will have the opportunity to pitch for three prizes:
- 1st place – BGN 5 000
- 2nd place – BGN 2 000
- 3rd place – BGN 1 000
The projects will be briefly presented to a team of judges who’ll be grading them across the following categories:
- Functionality: How well is your project functioning?
- Creativity: Is your project creative and unique given other projects available?
- Difficulty: How ambitious of a project was this to create?
- Design: Is the UI intuitive and the final project polished?
- Business opportunity: Can your project become a beloved product for hundreds of users?
When time is up, be ready. You’ll have only 10 minutes to present your solution to the judges. The cutoff time will be strictly enforced. Wow us and your team could be among the winners.
The judges will have 10 minutes for a Q&A session after the presentation. Designate one laptop/mobile device as a presentation machine. Test the material on it before you present.
The winners will be announced on the second day of the Hackathon!